Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife
600 Capitol Way North, Olympia, WA 98501-1091
I wanted to send out a quick email about the Fair registration opening tomorrow. If you are planning to come there is some registration information below. Please note that it opens at 9am MDT. An e-news will be going out with this information too.
Please pass this information on to your family and friends! Announcements will be coming out on social media. Please share any announcements so we can get the word out!
We are looking for volunteers for the Fair as well. Anyone who is interested in volunteering you can click on the link on the main orvolunteer page of the Fair webpages. If you are volunteering, you also still need to sign up on the online registration as a volunteer (a. Volunteer, b. Volunteer plus Family all volunteers, or c. Volunteer plus Family who are non-volunteers) and there will be no registration fee charge for the volunteer. All volunteers receive free registration and a 2017 Fair Pin.
Fly Fishing Fair Registration Opens May 23rd at 9:00 a.m. MDT
Fly fishing fans converge in Livingston, Montana August 1 – 5 for the 2017 Fly Fishers International Annual Fly Fishing Fair and FishFest. Local, national and international anglers will celebrate the sport with a cornucopia of fishing related activities. Registration opens May 23rd for over 95 workshops on casting, fly tying, on-water fishing techniques, and related topics. In addition to the many workshops, the Fly Fishing Fair offers conservation and membership meetings and awards, the International Fly Fishing Film Festival, a banquet, barbeque, book signing, photo contest, women’s extravaganza, two-day youth fly fishing camp, fly tying and casting activities, and more.
Along with the Fly Fishing Fair, FishFest runs Friday and Saturday August 4 – 5 at the Civic Center/Miles Park & Band Shell with vendors inside and outside, live music including Open Range, Ian Thoms and the Band of Drifters, and the Relic’s a new band from Great Falls that play classic rock music. There will be fly tying demonstrations and casting clinic, one-hour seminars, video casting analysis, auction and raffles, local breweries Friday and a Tap-Takeover beer event with a variety Montana brews on Saturday, food, kids’ activities, and a great gear sale. Another main attraction is the free downtown live HOOT concert Thursday, August 3 which draws nearly double the town’s population. You won't want to miss this event!
Registration opens May 23rd at 9 a.m. MDT. Read these important instructions to be prepared.
- To register you do NOT have log into the FFI website.
- JUST GO TO THE Main Fair Page AND CLICK ON THE “REGISTER NOW” BUTTON.
- Have your member number, if you don’t know it, you can call the office at 406-222-9369 to get it.
- The Fair registration is handled through RegOnline by Lanyon, a worldwide registration company, which is separate from FFI website. This service provides a real time registration process which enhances our ability to handle all aspects of Fair registration. When you click on the “Register Now” button, you will then be directed to the RegOnline Fair Registration home page.
- If you have registered before using the online registration in the last several years:
- If you enter an email address that you have used before, be prepared to provide the password you used previously. If you do not remember it, you can click on the “forgot my password” link.
- Or, you have the option to “Start a New Registration” with a new email address.
Read the registration policies and see the new workshopsadded after the guide was published.
Get your meal and event tickets when you register. Read more about the meal events.
If you need lodging, click HERE form more information.
We hope you will join us for this exciting event in our home town, Livingston Montana. Don't forget to stop by the FFI Museum while you’re are here!
Thank you everyone and hope to see you there!!
406-222-9369 ext. 107
Here you will find information for our local waters....
Streamflows from USGS